Jordyn is 2! ...Weeks that is...lol. The last 14 days have more than flown-by, they have been a whirlwind of sleeplessness mixed with serenity. I'm sure that sounds like an unlikely mixture but it's true. The transition from angry-hungry baby to fed and full baby happens fast and no matter how bad she fussed, it disappears as soon as she looks into your eyes with those baby-blues.
I hardly remember the first week home, we didn't really know what we were doing but realized early on that working together as a team made all things manageable. We caught on quick and developed strategies that would ease the stress from both of us. Being a self proclaimed night owl, I opted to take nights, allowing Jenelle the luxury of catching some much deserved sleep. Prior to Jordyn's arrival, I didn't know what to expect, I thought I would be irritated when waking up to her crying. To my surprise, I look forward to hearing her progressive whimper (which sometimes becomes an all out scream, depends on how deep daddy is sleeping) because I know that for the next 45 minutes or so, she's all mine and that our bond will surely grow.
I am greatly enjoying all the "small things"; when Jordyn is hungry, she goes into a zone where nothing matters but food and the faster the better. At every feeding I am able to see how much of a little Edmonds she is (we are a family of eaters), lol. Jordyn; like many Edmonds, approaches here food similarly to that of a velociraptor, she eats aggressively and shakes her head around like she is some wild dog (poor Jenelle). I already know which bottles she likes and which she loathes, I have a trick to get her to burp *almost every time, most importantly I know how she likes to be swaddled. If you know anything about me, you know that I love to learn and that's exactly what this whole process has allowed, lots of learning and even more love...
Misc Info:
This week we had the pleasure of visiting with:
-Great Grandma & Great Grandpa Melchert
-Grandma Elkins
-Aunt Heather & Uncle Matt
-Uncle Matt & Uncle Jesse
-Cousin Jordan & Andrea
-Tim, Lori & Christian
-Brandon, Jill & Brayden
-Great Aunt Dawn & Cousin Aleah
Jeremy & Nicole, Ryan & Jamie and Maria plan to stop by this week followed by the in-laws on Sunday and then Bouna, James Bertolino and Mary Fran next week.
For those who are asking, Yes, Jenelle is back at her pre pregnancy weight...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.